"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Neighborhood of PEG PEOPLE: A Homemade Christmas

To go along with my Homemade Christmas Challenge I made my 2 1/2 year old girl some Peg People this year.

 ok, so I made 24 pegs and 3 houses.....I couldn't help myself!!
Here they are:


(Don't let the green grass fool you.......it snowed a few hours after taking these photos!)



I found the houses at Hobby Lobby.  They come in 3 different sizes and this is the smallest size.  The unfinished wooden peg dolls I also found at Hobby Lobby.  I used coupons on everything so this project cost less then $8.00.
A few late nights painting and this project was finished within a week.  Love it!!
I thank this post for the house idea as well as wrapping the dolls in fabric....that alone saved me a ton of time!  Simply cut small strips of fabric and Mod Podge them onto your painted pegs.

Make sure to take a look at my other Homemade Christmas Gifts for 2012

11 comments:

Nicole said...

What aisle did you find peg dolls on at HL? Mine doesn't carry them, but say all stores have the same stuff...Thanks!

Amanda said...

I LOVE them!!!! Great job! Nicole, I bought my peg dolls on ETSY.

FerrellGraph-x said...

These are so cute! What fun!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Simple Simon and Company said...

Oh I love peg people! My daughter has a whole army of them! How fun....and those houses are cute and the perfect place to store all the people in!
-liZ

Simple Simon and Company said...

PS---I was just looking back at your cute post and saw the link to my blog...how nice!

Wrapping them in fabric is addicting!!! Seriously...addciting! Maybe one day we'll meet in person at a peg dolls annon. meeting!
-liZ

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

Seriously too cute - and their little painted houses are perfect!

Your daughter will love these for years to come!

Visiting from TT&J... Rhonda @ home.made.

Sarah AJ said...

Oh, I love those! I made some peg people last year for a gift, but the houses are a great addition.

Designed by Dawn Nicole said...

Way too cute! My kids would love playing with these! Just adorable!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very cute!!

Sugar Swings said...

adorable!!!

Emma said...

those are so cute! i think we need to get together so you can help me make some for benj. i have been wanting to make some but am not confident enough in my creative skills to tackle the project