"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fairy Costume for 2012

 I tried very hard to get this girl to join her other siblings for a themed Halloween this year but to no avail, she wanted to be a fairy.  I think since August.  These little minds can sure be stubborn.....humm I wonder were she gets it :) 
 She is sooooo very pleased with how this all came together.  I great reminder to me that sometimes the simplest things are the best things.  This girl taught me a great lesson.  I had pinned several different ideas on what kind of head wreath I wanted to make her.  So we set out to the craft store together and by the end I had almost $10 worth of supplies in hand when we walked by the Christmas decoration isle and she found the "sparkly pink stuff" with starts and squealed with delight, "I want this on my head!"  So we put everything else back and left with the $1.00 package of sparkly pink stuff.  We added some ribbon to the back, made her a cute butterfly wand and she put on her fairy wings and she is so happy.  We had also found the pretty dress for $1 a few months back and she loves it.  She says she feels pretty when she wears it.  
I am happy with that. 

I very very pretty fairy indeed.

No comments: