"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

easy from scratch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am addicted to these little things. 
I have grown up eating them from scratch for over 30 years, so when I decided to try the Cake box recipe that is out there......my reaction was yuck!!  I hated every cookie.  It did not matter which brand of cake mix I used I did not like the taste.  So I went back to the good old from scratch recipe that my mom would always make us.
 I love this recipe for many reasons.  The first being the taste.  Second, one batch makes 100+ cookies so you really only have to go to the trouble once and you have an ample amount of cookies to put in the freezer to enjoy all fall long.  That is unless you eat them all up before that  :)

The Recipe from my mom's kitchen:
1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp course salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves 
1 package of MINI chocolate chips - totally recommend using mini chips!

Use a small ice cream scoop for unified cookies.  Makes 100+ depending on size of scoop.
Bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my. My favorite thing (year round) are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies & bars. I just made some yesterday! Love this time of year.