"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, September 12, 2011

Apple Tulle Wreath for Fall

 This is my new door wreath for FALL!  And I love it ! 
 Even more, how simple and inexpensive it was to make.


 Here is what you need:
  • a 9" embroidery hoop (thrift store for $0.50)
  • red tulle (found mine at Joann's and used a coupon)
  • 7/8" brown ribbon
  • small piece of green felt
  • green embroidery floss and sewing needle for leaf
  • hot glue gun to adhere leaf
Just wrap the tulle around the hoop going all around it then cut out a leaf shape from the felt.  Tie the brown ribbon to the hoop first then hot glue the leaf to the wreath.  I then took a needle and green floss to add the fun detail to the leaf.
Are you still thinking about what to make for that new teacher.....make them one of these to hang up in the classroom.  It's an apple that will never spoil!!

I made my OCTOBER WREATH the same way last year.
Click above to take you to it.

10 comments:

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh I have some red tule, and green felt, I am so going to have to make one. Lovely, saw you at tip junky. I just linked up my trash 2 treasure candy corn bear. I would love for you to link up sometime at bacon time, my weekly linky runs Friday-Mond. happy fall.

Kimberley said...

Cute idea! I'm thinking I might try orange tulle for a pumpkin look....thanks for the idea!

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

This is such a cute idea! Love it!

Susie Chadwick said...

Fun! Linked to you here: http://mommysavers.com/boards/your-creative-side/133504-homemade-fall-halloween-decorations-8.html#post1383328

Unknown said...

Great tutorial. Love it, thanks for sharing

Amy said...

what a great Fall wreathe, so cute. I love tulle wreathes and would have never thought to make an apple one! Great job. Visiting from TT&J!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Oh how clever! I love that its an apple. This would be totally cute with orange tulle too and a green ribbon "stem" for a pumpkin wreath! :)
Im pinning this, so cute!

Kylean said...

I really love this idea! The tulle looks amazing!
Ky
http://burstofcreations.blogspot.com/

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

This is really cute! Visiting from TT&J! :)

Crafty Mischief said...

What fun teacher appreciation gifts! I love the wreath!