"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, September 9, 2011

My New Fall Fashion Accessory

OK, hang in there with me.  I am trying to have a good attitude about this subject. 
I am sporting a new fashion accessory for the next few months.
It's called a compression stocking......no no no a thigh high compression stocking. joy.  Good bye flip flops for the rest of the warmer weather I shall miss you.
(I wish these were my legs)
Why??? you ask.
All because of this:

Yep, I was admitted into the hospital last week for a "weird" leg cramp that would never go away.  After reading in my handy dandy pregnancy book (yes I still refer to it even after 2 kids) and it said that if a simple list of things did not relieve the leg cramp you could have a Blood Clot.........ahhhhh not what I wanted to read but so glad I did.  So I called my doctor that night, he told me to go to the ER and they did an ultra sound on my leg and found the clot.
So this changes a lot of things for the next few months.  Like not just a pair of socks but injections of a blood thinner into my stomach twice a day for the next 6 months and not to mention a more complicated delivery.  And because I am almost 7 months pregnant I am dealing with a little bit more then just a clot :)
So with the suggestion of my amazing doctor I am trying to eliminate as much stress (yeah right i'm a mom) in my life at the moment.
**************************
Sooooooo, if any of you were interested in either of these Candy Corn Banners in my shop
you better hurry on over cause I only have ONE left of each for the 2011 season.
go on, you know you want one :)

 I am wishing all of you a less stressful weekend!!! 
Thanks for listening, really, thanks.
I'll keep posting projects....you are not getting rid of me that easy!!

5 comments:

Jessa said...

So sorry! I wear those stockings for work, after you get used to it, they can be kind of comfortable. Except when it's hot. Hopefully cooler weather arrives quickly for you.

Tiffany said...

You gotta do what's best for you and the baaaaby! :) Maybe you could stitch a little lace onto the stockings or something to make them more attractive? Glad you were proactive about what didn't feel like a normal pregnancy ache/pain. Can't wait till you're back and at it again!

Christina said...

I'm sorry that happened to you but it sounds like they caught it quickly which is good news. I found out that I have herto Factor V Leiden after having a dvt in 2005 -you can read a brief account of it here: http://fromonemommatoanother.blogspot.com/2010/02/dvt-awareness-month.html

I've done the shots through three pregnancies and it is possible to have an uncomplicated delivery. All of my birth stories are on my blog as well.

I hope your leg heals quickly and feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Christina said...

PS- You can get toe-less compression stockings so you can keep wearing flip flops =o)

Jen said...

I just found your blog through....I'm not sure where, some linky party. But I was diagnosed w a DVT when I was 7 mos pregnant. Put up with the shots for 2 months and then had a normal and healthy delivery. So best of luck to you. The shots are very annoying but so worth it once you get your little bundle of joy here!!!