"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easy DIY Swaddling Baby Blankets

 Here is my first project that I have completed for my new little man.
*Flannel Swaddling blankets* 
It's great to have some other colors besides pink and purple in my blanket stash :)

Take a piece of flannel, cut to the size of blanket you like (I do mine 36"x36"), simply turn over the edges twice and sew a finished edge.  Simple, very functional and super cute.  I made these same blankets for my baby girls so I know they work!!

5 comments:

mathstamp said...

Where did you find the brown, farm fabric? I have used that same print scrapbook paper to make things for my little boy's room. I would love to have matching fabric.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

nap time journal said...

mathstamp: It's a doodlebug print as you may already know (love their stuff) and I found it at a fabric store here in Utah. You could try etsy and see what you come up with. This is the info on the selvege-
Barnyard by doodlebug www.AlpineFabrics.com

Hope that helps :)

Catrina Crafts A Lot said...

Very cute! And such an easy thing! I'm going to have to do some up for baby showers! Thank you!

PaperVine said...

These would make great baby shower gifts - thanks for sharing!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/