"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, January 4, 2010

Full Year Card Organizer


It's time to refill my card organizer so I decided to share what works for me.  I have used this for several years now......I think it's time I make a cute fabric cover to make it pretty.......but until then this is what I use.

What you need: 3 ring binder, several pencil pockets with a zipper (found in the school supplies), a monthly template to write down dates of birthdays, stamps and and address list, clear page protectors and of course cards!

I simply put ready made cards in each pocket, fill out all the birthdays or other dates that I have to keep track of throughout the year, buy stamps and update my address list and put it all in the binder and I am all set for the year.  I make a few extra blank cards and put them in the front pocket for all those other extra times I need a card.  I believe in keeping oraganization simple and practical and of course usable.  Have fun!

**Since I did this a few years ago I couldn't find the same template I am using but here is another one that can work.

4 comments:

Rowberry Family said...

Thank you sooo Much for posting this, I really need this to keep me organized on remebering everyone bday and to actually send a card so they get it on time, what a great Idea!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

This would TOTALLY work for me! It's simple and practical....it's going on my 'to do' list! Can't wait to make me one!

Ashlee said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! What a great idea! Surely if I make one of these I won't miss any birthdays! Thanks for the nice explanation of how you did yours.

Carlie Sue said...

This is great! We use one in our family that's dressed up a bit- you can see it at http://creativehighs.blogspot.com -

your site is so great!