"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Neighbor Gifts...Snowman Buttons and Treat Jars

There are only SOME things better then Oreo's.....like brownies :0)
So why not Snowman Buttons!
Here is a little poem that I attached to each gift.
This is what we handed out for neighbor gifts this year!
I found the big pack of Oreo's at Sam's Club.  The box comes with 10 packs of separate pre-packed Oreo's, perfect for gift giving. 20 neighbor gifts for less then $12.00  And so many of them have told me that they loved the buttons! 

 A simple little gift I gave to a few of the ladies in my neighborhood for Visiting Teaching were these simple little treat jars. 
 I made them out of baby food jars. I spray painted the lids, filled them with mint m&m's, tied them with a tag and ribbon. Just a simple way of saying Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

How cute! Love the snowman buttons and the M & M jars are awesome! Thanks for the great ideas!
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

OK I LOVE both the ideas!! Im copying you!! haha! Love ya!

Karen said...

So cute! I love this idea. Great blog! Just found you. Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Dawn said...

Great ideas! They are so simple but so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Pistolmom said...

I love the Buttons!!! I'm using your idea for a few families. Thank you so much :)

Rikelle said...

Oh my gosh, I loooove this idea. I decided to dip my ores in chocolate and pass them out with my v.t. Message. Thank you for sharing!

April said...

What an awesome idea! come link up to my sew crafty saturday party!

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/12/startin-early-for-orphaned-no-more.html

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How thoughtful! Great, simple gifts and the oreo buttons are great!

Jana said...

Love it!

Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

DANA said...

Hello! I found you at Tater Tots and Jello and I am loving your blog! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express giveaway and my link party that are both going on this week! Keep up the great blogging and happy holidays! -Dana

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.htm