"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, July 27, 2009

Little Monsters

We all know that sometimes our kids really can turn into "little monsters!" Well, I wanted to encourage the NICE monsters to come out and play so I made them these monster faces to play with. They have had so much fun with them!

Here is what you do: 2 yards of fabric made 4 covers. I used a bowl to trace a circle in the middle of each piece for the head opening. Make sure to draw a circle smaller then what you think so it's not to big. Trace it, then I found it easiest to put all 4 pieces of fabric on top of each other and pin them together to cut them all out at once. First cut an x in the middle with a rotary cutter then finishing cutting the circle out with pinking scissors.

You can leave it like this or in my case I turned it in and sewed a finished edge because the fabric just kept fraying.


Make silly faces out of felt and sew them onto the pieces of fabric just below the circle. I used heat n bond to make them stay in place as I sewed them on. I then finished each outer side and they were done.


Here is a close up of of all my "NICE little monsters!"
(this might even be a great idea for a Halloween costume)














Other great ideas, go Here









6 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

cute idea! I linked to this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Rowberry Family said...

Way cute!

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! My kids would love these!

Lisa said...

Awesome.

Anne said...

this is so cool!!!! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-little-monster-capes-for-your-little-monsters/2009/07/30/
--Anne

Amanda said...

You amaze me...as if you didn't already know that!

I need to make some of these. Hannah and her cousins would love them!!!! great ideas!