"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What do I use the most of in the kitchen?

Someone asked me the other day what things I use the most when in the kitchen. Since I have drastically changed how I cook, for the Type 1 diabetic and that me who wants a slimmer waistline, in our house I thought I would share those things with you!
A scale and measuring cups(notice how many sets) : We measure out 90% of our portions.
calculator : because my math and memory is not like it used to be. (to add up the carbs)
sharpie and tape : to put the amount of carbs on the to-go-to-work lunch container for the hubby and to also write love notes on his lunch sack !
Calorie, Fat and Carb counter book (found at Barnes and Noble) - AMAZING! This is my new companion in the kitchen and on the go. It has everything in it.
Just a little extra time to count and calculate our food we have dropped the A1C level and also dropped 25 lbs! Who wouldn't want that! I should have used these things years ago!

No comments: