"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, August 29, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I am so proud of myself.......
This was the first meal I cooked in a week!!  And it tasted amazing!
I cook 99% of the meals in my house but this week I have been sick, along with my kids.
 Just how sick?? A chronic sinus infection, croup, pink eye, leg cramps, ear infections and so on......and let us not forget I am pregnant and I can not take much of anything to help.  I think the tears from extreme pain convinced my doctor to let me take an antibiotic. See, when you are a high risk pregnancy you just can't take anything :)  I did tell him that I would take 9 months of nausea again over all this sickness stuff....and I am not kidding!!!
ok, ok, back to the food.....because that is why you are are here anyway right?! 

 After eating pretty much nothing all week, I went hunting for a good recipe I have not made in a while and I found this one.  Sounded good, tasted even better.  And of course it was hand written in pencil on an index card with no reference as to where it came from, so I am not taking credit for the recipe myself.  I wish I remembered where or who gave it to me. 

Here is what you do:
3-4 chicken breasts   (I cut mine into 3 strips so they would cook faster)
1 cup of plain yogurt  (I used Yoplait's plain Greek yogurt)
2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese   (I used the real stuff....not the green bottle kind)
1 T of garlic salt
1 tsp salt   (I left this out because my Ritz were already salted)

**Mix all the ingredients together EXCEPT the yogurt.  Roll your chicken in the yogurt then roll the chicken into the cracker mixture.  Place on a foil lined oven pan and cook in the oven for 45 minutes on 350*
I served mine with rice and a veggie
YUM!!

4 comments:

{Linds} said...

MMMM I HAVE MADE THIS BEFORE AND ITS SOOO YUMMY!! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER

Rowberry Family said...

MMmm....sounds yummy! So GLAD you feeling better. How misserable to have all that happen at once!

Nicole Maki said...

This sounds so delicious! I think I'll make it on Saturday.

Thanks so much for the recipe.

Hope everyone is feeling better ASAP. That's so rough.

The Allen Family said...

Yum. Found you thru The Idea Room, I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks!!