"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches

 Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my favorite dishes......but making it from scratch makes me tired just thinking about it :)  So I did the next best thing and turned them into sandwiches for my family.
 Here is what I did:
*I flatted out some chicken breasts and then grilled them up using our favorite seasonings (garlic salt, pepper, season all, grill seasoning)
*after the chicken is cooked, let it rest while you get your buns ready
*on a jelly roll pan, I open up each set of buns and place both sides on the sheet.  I then place a slice of provolone cheese on 1 of the pairs of buns (you could use any cheese you like but this is our favorite).  I then place them under the broiler......make sure to watch them carefully because they go fast.  This is to melt the cheese and toast the buns.
*I also warm up some lunch meat ham in a pan on the stove top and once that is ready you can build your sandwiches. Since I flattened out the chicken breasts before hand, I was able to cut them in half which was a perfect size for our buns.
*We loved Dijon mustard on our sandwiches but honey mustard is a good choice as well.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

{Linds} said...

MMMM This Looks AMAZING!

Jesseca said...

My husband loves you for this post. Chicken cordon bleu is his all time favorite dinner. Now we can have it in sandwich form!

I'd love if you'd link it up to my new link party!

http://www.sweettreatsandgoodeats.com/2011/10/this-weeks-rfob.html