"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, August 12, 2011

Family Banner

Is your summer melting away..... to fast?!
Now that our big family reunion has come and gone that is how I am feeling.  Summer is almost over and I am not sure I like how fast it went this year.
 My husbands side of the family get together for a reunion every summer.  This year we were asked to make a family banner to represent our little family.  My hot hubby came up with the "Berry Robbins" idea himself. Works well when you have Berry OR Robbins in your name. (Baskin Robbins Ice Cream that is) and I took his idea from there and came up with this banner:
 And because #3 baby is coming in a couple of months I didn't want the banner to be out dated so fast so I made it so I can update it next year.  I HEART felt :) So easy and fun and all I used was scrap fabric to make the heart ice cream cone.  The black and white letters are t-shirt letters that you iron on (find those at Joann's)
Please try and enjoy what you have left of your summer.
 I know I will!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love this! Especially the "coming soon" flavor - so sweet. :)

Natalie said...

I saw this link on TT&J and I love it! I definitely want to
make this for my next family reunion.

Sara said...

Would LOVE it if you would link this up with my brand new turquoise lovin' party going on right now!