"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, September 28, 2009

Portable craft station for the kids

I am the first one to admit how glad I am to see the HOT summer days go. We all know that with fall comes some unpredictable weather. So why not make a portable craft station that can easily be taken outside on those few good days but can easily be brought back in when the weather changes. For example, our high today is 89* and our high for Wed will be 58*.......I love fall weather!!

I took something I had but no longer used for it's previous use and turned it back into something usable.
If you don't have a designated craft area for the kids (like myself) this works great since it's portable. I had long since out grown my scrap booking case for myself so instead of giving it away (because those things are not cheap) I turned it into my kids craft station. They can come and go in it as they need and everything is right there for them. Hey they can even do all the work in getting the stuff :)

I filled it with everything.....but the kitchen sink of course! Stickers, scissors, scrap paper, play dough, coloring books, pipe cleaner, pom poms, paper towel rolls and so much more. I love having their mess contained just a bit and they know where to put everything when they are done. So go pull out that case that you are no longer using and turn it into something fun!


other uses for this case could be:
72 hour car kit, camera station for the busy photographer, place to hold stamps, teacher's bag to transport homework to and from school and more!



2 comments:

martha velasco prieto. said...

congratulations its a great idea for kids.

Diane Bohn said...

such a good idea! I Love it! :) I need to get something organized like that!