"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Minestroni soup


I have made this minestroni soup..TONS OF TIMES...but this time, it was sooooo heavenly. My husband even said it was one of the best bowls yet! Now I am asking myself what I did different. I just wish you all could have tasted it!
Here is the recipe:
1/2 lb cooked ground beef with minced onion
20 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 can of each drained and rinsed: garbanzo beans, kidney beans and green beans
diced fresh carrots, 1 cup of grated zucchini
some oregano, basil, garlic salt, 2 beef bullion cubes and 1 20 oz can of water(the tomato can) salt and pepper, (you need to season it to taste)
Simmer covered on Medium heat until carrots are cooked. turn off and let it sit...that is the key and don't let it hard boil-that changes the taste. Enjoy!!
Works great in a crock pot or on the stove. I have even made this camping in a dutch oven before.

No comments: