"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, November 19, 2012

Velcro Belts: A Homemade Christmas

I challenged myself about a month ago to make as many homemade gifts as I could for my children this year. We have a tradition in our little family to do 3 Gifts of Christmas.  Gift of Meaning, Gift of Usefulness and the Gift of Wonder.  The stocking is not included and can be filled with as many fun things that will fit :)  That is where my homemade challenge falls into place here. I have made several stocking stuffers for my 3 kids and I'll be sharing those with you over the next little bit.

First homemade item this year are these belts.

I made my daughter these Velcro Belts for Christmas.
She loves belts.  She is 5 and also has a very hard time doing them up fast enough...esp at school so I made her some of these to help her out with that.  I bought some think colored cord and used ribbon I had on hand and sewed them together along with Velcro as the closer.

 I am sure she will be tickled to have these new accessories!

2 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

That's really clever, I have a little one that has no waist and I can never find ones that fit her. I love the idea of velcro

Cindy said...

What a fabulous idea! I would have never thought of making velcro belts!!