"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY Give Thanks wood board

I decorated my front porch following the same guidelines as 
with natural elements as well as inexpensive ones.
 I decided to take a scrap piece of wood and make a greeting sign for my porch with the saying of give thanks on it for the month of November.   I saw the idea of how to paint words on wood on this blog.  It worked amazingly well.  I'll be doing this again for sure.  Simply, you print out your words from your computer, then lay them on your wood and then with a pen trace around them firmly and the outline of your letters are then imprinted onto the wood.
 Look closely below.....there is the outline of my letters on the wood.  Then you simply paint the letters.  I chose to just trace mine this time using an Elmer's Painters pen.  So so so easy!!
 Here is what my porch looks like in the morning.....
 and by the afternoon the sun is shining just right for all the fall colors to shine.
Click HERE to see the original post about how to make a wreath from an old sweater.
I love fall time!



1 comment:

The CSI Girl said...

I love it. Love the simplicity of it and natural look.Next week on The CSI Project is the Thansgiving crafts, Food and Gratitude challenge. Come link this up and you may WIN!
Www.thecsiproject.com
Link up begins Wednesday. Tutorials Monday-Wednesday.