"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, March 16, 2012

Dollar Store EASTER EGG up do

With St. Patrick's Day almost out of the way I am trying to get ready for Easter!
It's less then 3 weeks away. Oh my.
 Have you see any of these fun felt cut outs at the dollar store?!?!  Well, this one I purchased for $1 last year in a last minute attempt to add some Easter festivity to my front door. (I saw some this year as well) I just put it up as is on my door.  It did the job....last year... but this year I wanted something more fun and colorful.
 So with help from my fabric scraps and some liquid stitch glue I added a bit of color to the egg.
For a little extra detail I stitched around the egg and some of the cut outs with my sewing machine, then I simply threaded some string in the top to hang it on my door.
 Ahhh, so much better!
Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!! Such a great idea!
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

This is just adorable!!! Super creative with this cutout from DT.

Southern Traditions Boutique said...

Great idea! Hope my dollar store has some left, this would be great for my daughter to make with my scraps of fabric :)
Thanks for sharing!
Torri

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Oh my gosh I just saw these at the dollar store and was trying to think of some cute ways to dress them up--boy did you do a great job! Love it now! I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

Kayla's Creations said...

This is so cute! :) I'm a new follower & would love to have you come link up to Sunday Round Up! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/03/sunday-round-up-1.html
Kayla :)