"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, February 17, 2012

2 x 4 Leprechaun Hat for St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick's day is one of those holidays that I feel can be over looked.  
Gee, with all the focus on Valentine's Day and Easter no wonder!!
** BTW, it's one month from today**

 I wanted just a few little decorations to set up on my mantle
 for this fun day so this is one that I put together super fast.
I had some left over 2 x 4 wood from a previous project so I asked
my hubby to cut me 3 pieces of wood- one 6" and two 4" pieces.
I then primed and spray painted my wood green.  I mod podged fabric to the front of my wood pieces, let them dry and then I stacked and glued my wood pieces with E6000.  Let it sit over night and then in the morning you can finish it off with some ribbon and a felt shamrock.
So Cute!

If you are interested in this Shamrock St. Patrick's Day banner then

Pin It

18 comments:

Karen said...

I love the blocks Leprachaun hat! So cute!! Your banner is adorable too. I would love you to stop by and link up at my Friday Friday Frolic party:)

http://www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-frolic-14.html

Have a great weekend!

Michelle Paige said...

Love this idea! Would you be willing to link this up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you. http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

Unknown said...

That is adorable! Great job! I can't believe it's time to start thinking about St. Pat's day already! Would you pretty please consider sharing this cute project at my party, going on now?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-15-and-some-fabulous.html

Anonymous said...

I am totally loving this hat and really want to make one! I am loving it - so cute! I pinned it! I am visiting from TT&J and would love it if you'd visit back!

Amanda
everycreativeendeavor.com

Michelle Johnnie said...

Great idea! So cute. I love 2x4 ideas. I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Love Love this! You are totally awesome, bc this hat is amazing!
New follower over from Someday Crafts!
~jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

scrapfancy said...

I really like the hat and thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is so cute, What a great idea!

Six Sisters said...

These are cute St Patty's day ideas! Thanks for joining us on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you come back next Saturday. We would love to have you share more wonderful ideas! -The Sisters

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it! We love St. Patrick's Day in our home! I am hosting a Link Party today and would love for you to add these, and anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Katie said...

We've got a ton of two by four scraps in our basement from my husband framing it out. What a great way to use them up, just pinned this project!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

What a simple idea, yet so cute! It's a great project for those leftover 2x4's we all have sitting around our garage. I hope you don't mind but I featured you on today's Show Off Saturday!
http://www.mydecoupagedlife.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-st-patricks-day.html

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Oh the leprechaun hat is adorable!
Such a cute idea.

Lindsi B said...

Oooh this is adorable! I'd love to have you share this with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-12.html

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

Julie E said...

This is super smart and cute! I'd love for you to come share at my St. Patty's link party. :)

http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

Unknown said...

Love it! Pinned!

Unknown said...

ooooh, I'm so glad I saw this! I have a bunch of leftover cut 2x4s from a craft night I hosted last weekend...this is a great use for them! Pinning! Thanks for the idea. I'd love for you to share it here: http://www.oneartsymama.com/2013/01/shine-on-fridays-65.html