"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Simple Magnetic Christmas Countdowns

 December is almost here. I can't believe it.
  Make yourself a fun and cute, yet simple countdown to Christmas. 
I love this one......I am giving this away as a gift this year......early so they can use it all December.  Make yourself one, it's simple.  I made this with the following supplies:
scrapbook paper (the manger and the #'s 1 - 25) Can't get any more simple
Piece if sheet metal (found this for 50 cents)
Mod podge
magnets (with a sticky back)
After you mod podge the paper to the sheet metal, cut out your numbers and add the magnets to the back.  Punch holes at the top and hang with a ribbon.  The great thing is you can put the numbers on the back as you count down. These make great gifts!!
Want a different version?!?!
Here is my Advent that I made for my family last year.
Click HERE to see how I made it!

8 comments:

Ruth H. said...

What a cute advent calendar! I like to collect nativities in all forms, so having an advent nativity would be perfect. I might have to try to make this, soon!

janadec9 said...

I LOVE this...and it seems simple, so hopefully I can do it (and hopefully find that great paper). Thanks!

EVERYTHING ELSE i LOVE said...

Super easy and Super CUTE! :)

Stacie said...

I LoVe this!! Very simple and CuTe! My kind of project :) Thanks so much for sharing! BTW...I featured it here:

http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/2010/11/cute-and-simple-christmas-countdown.html

Thanks again! :)

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Cute idea! I like how easy it would be to customize the calendar for a different look.

Unknown said...

This is so cute. At first glance it looks complicated, but it is actually simple! I just need to find out where you got this gorgeous piece of patterned paper!

Tauni said...

I LOVE advent calendars and these are so simple. Seriously. I could get this done before Dec. 1. You just made my week!

Sarahie said...

This is awesome! But, I have been looking all over for sheet metal. Where did you find yours? Thanks!