"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, November 1, 2010

FALL Decorations

Happy November Everyone!
Sure hope you had a great Halloween weekend....I know I did :)
 I was super excited to decorate for November so here is what I did to dress up my little apartment for the month.  Simple and fun and most of it was even free!!
 Pine cones and acorns...FREE!!  Went on a walk in the neighborhood the other day and found the pine cones for free.  And thanks to a wonderful neighbor for the acorns, they were free too!
(I saw a small bag at the craft store for fake acorns and they were asking $15.00....ridiculous....so these real ones are much better)
 I made the wooden pumpkin at a family event a week ago (thanks to a cousin of mine) and the OWL template can be found HERE, if you want to make your own.
 I bought these scarecrows several years ago and they are one of my favorites to bring out every fall.  The fabric pumpkins are made with toilet paper rolls.  Three different sizes using a whole roll (the brown one), a roll cut in half (the orange one) and the tall pumpkin is from a roll of paper towels.
I also added a couple of real pumpkins (carried over from my Halloween decor) and some leaves from the dollar store.
 The newest addition for this year is my Banner.
(I made this with stuff I already had in my scrap booking supplies)
Some chipboard and paper and hemp twine is all it took.  Of course I added glitter too, just to dress it up a bit.
 The cute circles on my banner I printed out for free HERE.
 Here it is all put together.  I just love Fall time!!
 Ohhh, almost forgot.  I made this fun fall frame just by using some fall scrapbook paper.  I painted an old frame red and added a sunflower to the group of pictures.

****I will be hosting a "MY BIRTHDAY" giveaway this week so check back soon!
Just another reason I LOVE the month of November!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it RIBBIT!!!!

utmommy said...

I got my Thanksgiving stuff up too!

Unknown said...

It turned out lovely. I love all the components!

Would love for you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint!

CourtneyKeb said...

I love the fresh, outdoorsy feeling you get when looking at all of your November decor. Love it!
and I really love that fall frame you whipped up. Nice!!!

Stacy Risenmay said...

Pinecones and acorns are two of my favorite things to decorate with! Everything looks great.

Megan Gunyan said...

I love all of your fall decorations! They look so cozy!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Love the glittered banner - tone on town brown/gold. Pretty!