"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tee Pee Pattern.......one I recommend!

One of the most vivid memories I have of my childhood is playing in this Tee Pee that my mom made for me and my siblings. We wore that poor Tee Pee to it's end, so sadly it was not around to pass on. So of course I had to make my kids one.

I made this Tee Pee a while back, I am just slow getting it on here because well the kids play with it all the time. I used the Butterick pattern B4251 (found it at Joann's but also available on line) and it was such a great pattern to use. It looks over whelming, it will take a few days to do but it came together very easily. I found this fabric, again at Ikea because it was $2 a yard on clearance and it's heavy weight fabric. That is what you want, cheap because you need about 9 yards and durable fabric to hold up to the kids.....or in my case the husband that also likes to play in it :)







So keep an eye out for some great fabric, this would make such a great homemade Christmas gift for your kids!

For more great ideas go To a Soft Place to Land




8 comments:

The House Creative said...

Oh that looks like such fun! I could imagine it now, in my living room for a week at a time. Great job!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I made a tee pee for my kids when they were younger and used white canvas and let them paint and stamp it. It turned into a day long activity (bonus) and I still love looking at their tiny hand prints on it. Great DIY!

Let it Shine said...

That is awesome! I have always wanted to make one (and have one). My daughter would love it! Imagine how cute it would look as a bed crown/canopy in a little boys room!
Or your husbands....HA - that pic is hilarious - I could see my husband doing that too!

Kimba said...

OH! I love it! I would love to make a tee pee for my boys. They're at just the right age to enjoy it.

Hmmmm...maybe for Christmas???

Diane Bohn said...

How cute!!! I was just trying to think what to get our brothers family for Christmas, and this would be perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!

Meg said...

What a great idea!! I've been wanting to make a tee pee for my little boy but wasn't sure where to put it, but I think I'm going to have to make room somewhere ;). Thanks for the tips on etsy tags... I'm still trying to figure that place out! Hopefully someday soon I get it!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

How fun! I had a teepee when I was little and loved it!

michelleml said...

This brought back so many memories. with 5 siblings we didn't have much money for toys so a very kind person gave a tepee to my mom for us kids and we played in it for hours every day. This is something i will have to make for my little ones
Thanks so much for sharing