"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Breakfast Burritos

Here is a picture of me assembling breakfast burritos for the family reunion. They were such a hit, that before I could even get a picture of them all finished they were gone. All eaten up by those who I love the most! So happy they looooved them. So you'll just have to use your imagination but believe me they really were good.

Saute 1 onion, 1 green pepper, 3 cloves of fresh garlic and 2 cups of diced ham in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Once they have softened add 18 eggs ( crack these in a separate bowl then add to this pan) Yes, 18 eggs.....we had 15 people to feed so figure 1 egg per person plus some :) Cook until done then add how ever much grated cheese you like.

I find it easiest to lay the tortillas out all at once on my counter and I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop out the eggs. I was able to fill 24 tortillas. If you are not doing these for a large group you can freeze these for fast breakfast's for the kids now that school will be starting soon.

*** My personal touch is, once I fold them into a burrito shape, I lay them all on a jelly roll pan, spread a thin layer of butter on the top, sprinkle them with sat and pepper and a little bit of seasoning salt. I leave them under the broiler until lightly brown and crisp. Serve them with sour cream, salsa and of course a fresh fruit. DELISH!!!

1 comment:

Rowberry Family said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm...........and I can tell you these are soo delish, I even got to be one of those lucky people that got to eat one!