"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, July 20, 2009

Yogurt Popsicles

YES, I am one of those mom's who doesn't like feeding the kids treats. But it has been so HOT so I made my own Popsicles. I just love my Tupperware Popsicle makers, I grew up with some of these myself. All you need to do is fill them with yogurt and freeze 'em. The kids love them and I felt better that they were cooling off with something healthier.
If you look close, I even layered a couple of different flavors. The little ones had a little harder time finishing all of the Popsicle so next time I am going to use an ice-cub tray for them and make smaller Popsicles. Give them a try, you'll like it too!!

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Yummmm... When I make smoothies I try to make extra to put into the freezer pops. (But I'm sneaky and ussually throw in some baby spinach. no one can really tell!)

Crystal said...

Thanks for the great tip. We will be trying these soon.

Amanda said...

That is a great idea. I hate giving Hannah the frozen high fructose corn syrup!

Diane Bohn said...

That is such a great idea!!! I will definitely have to try that out. If you put them in ice cube trays, what do you use for the sticks?

Cucicucicoo said...

you're a genius! we use popsicle makers too, but it never even occurred to me to make yogurt ones. it sounds so good! too bad the hot weather is over now, I'll have to remember for next year!